Thursday, November 21, 2013

Skulduggery Pleasant


Skulduggery Pleasant

by Derek Landy

Synopsis:

Snappy Dresser
Razor-tongued Wit
Crackerjack Sorcerer
and
Walking, Talking,
Fire-throwing Skeleton
Meet Skulduggery Pleasant
Ace Detective
-as well as ally, protector, and mentor of Stephanie Edgley, a very unusual and darkly talented twelve-year-old.
These two alone must defeat an all-consuming ancient evil.
The end of the world?
Over his dead body.

My thoughts:

The main reason why I picked this book was that  the cover stunned me when I looked at it.  This novel portrays the perfect example of a suspenseful, action filled, creative and some horror.  The vocabulary was fairly simple for a grade six and up due to some strong language.  This type of book allows me to get into it as if I was a part of the story, for example there is a part in a library when the description is so vivid it's like I can see myself in that place.  If I were looking for a book to never put down and want to read more about it in a series, this is the book for you.  Other books include Playing With Fire, The Faceless One’s and Kingdom of the Wicked.                                       

                                                     reviewed by M.K. Grade 10 Scona Student

No comments:

Post a Comment