Thursday, November 28, 2013

I Hunt Killers

I HUNT KILLERS

by Barry Lyga

Synopsis:

It was a beautiful day. It was a beautiful field. Except for the body.

Jazz is a likable teenager. A charmer, some might say. But he''s also the son of the world''s most infamous serial killer, and for Dear Old Dad, "Take Your Son to Work Day" was year-round. Jazz has witnessed crime scenes the way cops wish they could--from the criminals'' point of view.


And now, even though Dad has been in jail for years, bodies are piling up in the sleepy town of Lobo''s Nod. Again.


In an effort to prove murder does not run in the family, Jazz joins the police in the hunt for this new serial killer. But Jazz has a secret--could he be more like his father than anyone knows?


From acclaimed author Barry Lyga comes a riveting thriller about a teenager trying to control his own destiny in the face of overwhelming odds.

My Thoughts: 

I have been trying to branch out with my reading because I noticed I was reading a lot of the same type of story. So I decided to try I Hunt Killers; it was definitely a different genre for me and I liked the cover.  I was curious to see how the author would portray Jazz, who is the son of the most notorious serial killer in the world because frankly being raised by a serial killer is going to mess you up to some extent.  I have to say I am so incredibly happy that I did read this book; it was pure genius.   Barry has done a truly amazing job with Jazz’z character; he is likable, relatable, and consumed by the idea that he may not be able to stop himself from doing harm to others.  I loved seeing how Jazz is always questioning just about everything including himself because honestly he probably trusts himself the least.   This story will grab you and suck you in from the very first line and the best part is there is next to nothing in this story that isn’t believable.  Also Jazz is a hilarious narrator and his best friend Howie is probably one of my favorite sidekicks of all time.  While the book is told almost entirely from Jazz’s point of view there are a few very short chapters told by the killer and they do get a did graphic with the violence towards the end of the book. Overall this is one of my favorite books of the year and I have recommended it to just about everyone I know and so far every single one has liked it.




No comments:

Post a Comment