Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Things We Know By Heart

Things We Know By Heart

by Jessi Kirby

Plot: 

When Quinn Sullivan’s life gets turned upside down by the death of her boyfriend Trent, she is determined to find the recipients of Trent’s donated organs.  Many of the recipients replied to her letters, but the one she wants to find the most remains silent. The recipient of Trent’s heart. Quinn cannot take it anymore, so she takes matters into her own hands to find the beneficiary. When an unintentional encounter leads to something more, Quinn is torn.  She feels alive again around Colton, whose life has been changed completely by Trent’s death, but will the truth tear them apart or bring them even closer together?

My thoughts:

I was wandering through the library when the cover of this book caught my eye. I immediately felt sorry for the main character Quinn, I couldn’t imagine how hard it would be to lose someone that close to you.  The story seemed like it would be the kind of book that would make me happy, so I picked it up and took it out.  As I kept reading, I got more into the book and I could not put it down. I felt like I was Quinn, as if all this was happening to me. I felt every emotion she felt.  This book reminded me a lot of the movie The Fault in Our Stars at some points, the main character Quinn is a lot like the main character in the movie, Hazel. They both go through a lot in their lives, and find ways to overcome these obstacles.  All the characters in this book are fairly well rounded, although we do not learn much about the other characters besides Quinn, Trent and Colton.  

I highly recommend this book, and I think it would make a great movie as well! Anyone who enjoys romance novels with a happy twist will like this book written by Jessi Kirby.

Reviewed by A.S., Grade 10 Scona student

No comments:

Post a Comment