Monday, March 24, 2014

Delirium

Delirium

by Lauren Oliver

Synopsis:

They say that the cure for Love will make me happy and safe forever. And I''ve always believed them. Until now. Now everything has changed. Now, I''d rather be infected with love for the tiniest sliver of a second than live a hundred years smothered by a lie.

My thoughts:

Delirium has such a unique twist on the genre it fits into. This book is just full of heart-pounding action. I quite enjoyed Delirium and the characters that designed it. Although the writing was pleasing, the story was exceptional. I did find the story to be quite predictable, If love is a disease, and Lena is supposed to get cured in a few short months, it's almost expected that she meets a guy that she falls in love with. However, it is written in such a way that it makes you want to keep reading.


reviewed by R.P., Grade 10 Scona student

No comments:

Post a Comment