Wednesday, February 19, 2014

YRCA 2014 Nominee #4: Tiger's Curse

Tiger's Curse 

by Colleen Houck

Synopsis:

The last thing teenager Kelsey Hayes thought she'd be doing over the summer was meeting Ren, a mysterious white tiger and cursed Indian prince! When she learns she alone can break the Tiger's curse, Kelsey's life is turned upside-down. The unlikely duo journeys halfway around the world to piece together an Indian prophecy, find a way to free the man trapped by a centuries-old spell, and discover the path to their true destiny.

My Thoughts:

Oh my gosh!  I . . . there are just not enough words to say how much I loved this series. I read a few other reviews saying that the characters were boring or not believable because they (mainly Kelsey) were so unsure about decisions and kept changing their minds.  To those people I say of course Kelsey is unsure about life and her decisions, she's 18 and dealing with way more than most 18s could even dream of. For me like I said I adored this story.  I thought that Kelsey was wonderfully written; she doesn't have a lot of confidence because she has never had to rely on herself to make the decisions and so she is constantly second guessing herself and changing her mind. Which with how Ren acts half the time it's no wonder Kelsey is confused.  Ren could be the perfect guy (and honestly he is pretty awesome; I mean he's an Indian prince that turns into a tiger!) if he loosened up a bit and let other people in on the plan or simply what is going on in his head.  Houck did an amazing job creating this novel and in giving it the feel of a real Indian myth.  Her writing is beautiful and creates a magical world not far beneath the surface of our own.  The action (and romance) never stopped in this novel and it was not possible to put down this book till I reached the last page and then I was reaching for the next book to find out what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment